People enjoy watching the Oscars every year, while millions worldwide come together to watch the NBA All-Star game. Bringing all starts to one place is the premise of the Superstars slot from NetEnt, the leading name in online gambling. Experienced slot players will instantly recognise all the main characters of the new release, as they‘ve probably already met them in one of the company‘s hit titles.
They will appear together in Superstars, each with a feature of their own. Having so many popular characters in one place sounds like a recipe for success. But will they get along to deliver an unforgettable playing experience?
Familiar Faces in a New Package
Gonzo, Finn, Lady Pig, Brute and the brightly-coloured star from the cult Starburst slot all make their appearance in the new game. They all come together in a release taking place on a five-by-five grid with forty-five paylines. A giant rainbow serves as the perfect background for this family reunion.
The Superstars slot works on any device, accepting bets from as low as $0.10 up to $100 on every spin. Despite featuring a lineup of massive stars, it doesn’t boast an equally mind-blowing win potential. Payouts of 4,596x the bet are not that bad, although we expected more from a game with medium to high volatility. The game is available in three different RTP configurations, with 96.08% being the most generous value on offer.
Wins occur when symbols of the same kind land on consecutive reels, starting from the leftmost one. The usual selection of playing cards can be found at the bottom of the paytable, while Lady Pig, Gonzo, Brute, Finn, and the Starburst icon deliver more significant prizes. Wilds don’t appear during the Main Game, but Scatters do. Here’s what happens after they land on the grid.
The base game is not particularly exciting. However, things change when you trigger one of the features on offer. Players can benefit from Free Spins, the Wheel Game, the Final Game, and even the Bonus Buy option. That’s not all, as many of these extras hold additional functionalities.
Land three or more Scatters anywhere in view to unlock Free Spins, a thrilling mix of hold ‘n win and a board game. Three spins are awarded, while the triggering Scatters turn into random multipliers. More multipliers can appear during the round, resetting the number of spins.
The dice symbols can appear on reel 5 when triggering the bonus. You’ll roll dice to move a token around the main playing board if that occurs. Landing a token can activate additional features:
- Finn – Adds +5 to up to five multiplier prizes, combining them into a single one and allowing more to appear.
- Gonzo – Boosts up to twenty-four multiplier prizes by 2x, 3x, or 5x.
- Miss Banks – Up to fifteen multiplier prizes worth up to 5x are placed across the reels. Any new prizes will add their value.
- Space Wars – Clones three highest multiplier prizes, awarding three respins.
- Starburst – A vertical stack of three multiplier prizes is placed on the board. They are worth from 2x to 5x.
- Extra Spin – Increases the spin count to four. From then on, they reset to four.
- Extra Life – Grants an extra life, so when the counter hits zero, the life will reset to the maximum number.
When the token lands on a Wheel square, players will get the chance to spin it and win one of these prizes:
- One additional dice
- Two additional dice
- +1 – All multiplier prizes on the board go up by one.
- Upgrade – All blanks receive 1x the bet, and if the token lands on one of them, the multiplier prizes increase.
- If the token lands on a Wheel square, players get to spin the wheel for one of these prizes:
- Random – Players receive one of the available features.
- Replay – If one of the features is triggered, the next one will be replayed.
Filling all the positions with multiplier prizes triggers the Final Game. All squares on the board receive values of 25x to 1,000x, apart from the corners, which award dice. Everything is carried over to the Final Game, from the number of spins to the number of hearts and unused Replays.
In some jurisdictions, players will have the option to jump straight into the bonus round by paying 150x their bet.