Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is one of the most popular TV shows in the world, so it‘s not surprising that you can find many online slot games based on this franchise. Big Time Gaming is a developer boasting several versions of this game, but it didn‘t stop the renowned developer from launching a new one. Titled Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Rush, the fresh launch returns the TV show to the reels, using two game engines. One is the proven Megacluster mechanic, while the other is a new mechanic called MegaTrail.
Get Ready for a Fast-Flowing Experience
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is a fast-paced game, basically a cluster-paying slot. Developers added plenty of additional features, so there‘s no shortage of chances to win. The action takes place on a five-reel, five-row grid, whose layout can expand thanks to Megaclusters. Once the game starts, you‘ll enter the show‘s immersive studio, with the well-known soundtrack playing in the background. Despite being a branded slot, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Rush doesn‘t overuse the branding, making players feel comfortable in the neon-lit surroundings.
Big Time Gaming has a strong reputation in the industry, and is revered by both players and operators alike. When it comes to the game stats, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Rush has an RTP of 96.44% and uses a highly volatile maths model. The game is playable across all platforms, with wagering options ranging from $0.20 to $20 per spin.
Since Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Rush is a cluster paying slot, it doesn‘t feature traditional paylines. Instead, a winning combination is formed by landing five symbols of the same kind adjacently, in horizontal or vertical directions. All symbols in the paytable are gem-like tokens, paying up to 1x the stake for five of a kind. However, a cluster with twenty-five or more icons awards prizes of up to 50x the triggering bet. A Wild is also there, appearing anywhere on the reels to replace all regulars and help create more wins.
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Rush triggers features and Free Spins by landing consecutive Reactions. But it does so with a couple of changes adding to the excitement.
Whenever a winning combination is formed, all triggering symbols are replaced by smaller randomly-chosen icons. The process repeats if a new is created, allowing players to land up to 100 symbols on the main playing area! Reactions go on until there are no more wins.
The MegaTrail is located on the left side of the board. It includes twelve rungs hosting random multipliers. The top rung is a cash prize, the seventh one awards additional spins, while a minimum of three rungs come with modifiers. Hitting consecutive Reactions enables players to progress up the MegaTrail, activating the following modifiers:
- Wilds – Up to ten Wilds are added to the grid.
- Multiplier Wilds – Wilds hosting multipliers of up to 5x land on the reels.
- Symbol to Wild – All instances of a symbol type turn into Wilds.
- Mega Wild – A grid of four Wilds is added in the Main Game, two grids in the Free Spins round.
- Symbol Subdivide – Large symbols turn into four smaller ones.
- Symbol Upgrade – The displayed symbol is upgraded.
- Win Multiplier – A multiplier reaching 11x is applied to a win.
- Max Megaclusters – Players receive the maximum symbol expansion.
- Symbol Duplication – Five big versions of a symbol are added to the reels.
- Symbol Explosions – All instances of a specific symbol are removed from the main playing area.
- Explosions – Up to three explosions remove icons from the grid.
- 50:50 – Removes all symbols on the left, right, top, or bottom.